3.04.2012

Let's turn our life upside down!




You know the one where you have a happy settled life. You love your home, your kids are settled in all their activities and you are cruising along in life nicely. Then you and your hubby start talking on a drive home from your parents house, the conversation goes something like "want to move?" then it gets scarier when you say, "yeah, lets do it!". Well that's the short version of how our conversation went Sunday, two weeks ago.

Don't get me wrong, we had plans to eventually move down there but it wasn't going to happen for a little while for lots of different reasons.

As scary as it all is, moving away from everything I know, my home that I adore, my friends, my petrol station I get fuel at, my supermarket I do the food shopping at, kids swimming, my mothers group. Its okay. I think its all okay because it is obviously meant to be. The whirlwind that it happened in is enough confirmation for me that this is what the universe already had it store for us.

Rewind back to that Sunday. It was decided that we should call the real estate agent on the Monday and start the ball rolling by putting our house on the market. We were told by so many people "who knows how long it will take to sell in this market". By Tuesday we had signed the dotted line with our agent and our house was on the market.

Long story short, we ended up having friends that fell in love with the house before the real estate agent could even get the photographer in so before we knew it... the estate agent got ditched (but we did love him!!!) and we had SOLD!

Then it was time to find somewhere to move to! Arghhh that was a daunting feeling. We had already decided that we would be looking for a rental as we are going to build our next home. So we were straight onto real estate.com searching for a house!

The the universe really did work its wonders with us finding our house. It was the first house that we picked and set our sights on,  we just had to go on a wild goose chase to get it! Last week I called the estate agent it was listed with to organise an inspection only to be told they already had enough applicants and will not be taking anymore. Insert the vision of me sulking in the corner about... now!

I luckily found another house that was okay... no where near as a nice as the one we wanted but I had got my head around the fact that it was just somewhere to live for now, it would do. So I was straight on the phone to organise that one... only hours later to be told, sorry, they have already offered it to someone else. Great... at this stage I did start wondering what this whole rental market was about because it didn't seem to be going our way! Scary thought when your house has already sold.

After the second set back I was pretty disappointed as there were no other houses that we liked... in the area's we wanted so it meant we would either have to take something we really didn't like or sit and wait in hope that one would come up.

After some serious sulking, as ya do, I decided to call the first one that we liked, the one that wasn't taking any more applications, and plead my case. Our case being, we will give them more money than what they were asking, we would be the world's best tenant... it goes on... but i feel even more lame now for typing it, never mind that I was actually going to say it! I didn't get a chance to say it as the estate agent greeted me with the information that they weren't satisfied with the applications they had received and that they would be holding an open for inspection the following day if we would like to attend and bring our application.

I went. I dressed in my most responsible "look at me I'm a fantastic tenant"clothes.  I did end up pleading my case (sad i know), but i really wanted that house!!!! but after all that I can say that the following day I received a phone call to say we got the house.

Now its time to turn our life upside down...pack up our life and move to the beach!

 In less than two weeks :)

xx

1 comment:

  1. Far out Steph!! That even beats our efforts! We'll be moving mid May (120ks away) and that will race up, two weeks??!!

    ReplyDelete