2.11.2014

Making it on the kid scene...

I've done it. I've made it on the kid "scene".

Let's start from the beginning.

When we made our big move, I knew no one. It hit home that I had left behind everyone I knew and had to face the reality of being a loner.

My friends and I now joke of how I used to stalk the supermarket isles for mums with kids in hope that sparks might fly and I could make a friend. Don't laugh, it's kind of true LOL. Actually, not even kind of. It was true.

At the beginning of last year I had all my hopes of meeting all my "new friends" due to the fact the kids were in swimming lessons, dance lessons and daycare. I thought for sure, that with all these opportunities, I would be meeting SO many fabulous people. Turns out, it didn't really happen the way I intended. It didn't happen at all.

No sparks. No friendly chit chats. Nothing!

I won't lie, it left me pretty down and out, feeling worse than I did to begin. 

As it turns out, the universe had a fabulous group of girls waiting for me a little bit further down the track.

Throughout the second half of last year, I  bonded with these girls. I enjoy spending time with them. They are now familiar. I feel blessed to call them my friends.

Why was I writing this again? Back to the point Steph!

Kid scene... That's right.

Well, last night, while waiting for Boo to finish dancing. I had a moment, a moment that I realised I had finally made it on the kid scene!

I had a friend to talk to while I waited at dancing. While chatting,  three other Kinder mums arrived to drop their children off and came over to say hi. Things were finally familiar, including me to others, and others to me.

It was just a moment that I smiled inside. 

I had made it on the kid scene! 

Just another thing that feels right now. 




Joining in today with EssentiallyJess with my first #IBOT

7 comments:

  1. Making new friends is tough, we put ourselves out there hoping that others will have space for new friends and sometimes it just doesn't work out. It is lovely that you have found your tribe now though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a good point that sometimes others are just content with who they already have in their life. Thanks :) It is a nice feeling to have a tribe again. x

      Delete
  2. It's been so long since I had to make new friends, I'm not really sure how well I could do it. I would have thought all the school things would have made it easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the hard part! Being out of practice lol, its like being on the dating scene.

      Kinder is definitely opening up a lot more doors in the friend department. x

      Delete
  3. I had to do something similar when we moved to Tassie 6 years ago.. It wasn't easy as I have a really hard time sparking up conversation and making friends. I made myself go to playgroup and I did make friends. Friends that I still have now and are my main support still. $teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its amazing how many people that I have spoken to lately that have had to do the same thing with starting again... You really do have to put yourself out there again hey. Glad you found your group of friends, I hope in years to come I have these girls around me still. They are pretty fab. :) x

      Delete
  4. I feel like this while sitting waiting for Isla at ballet, 2 weeks in, and all the other mums seem to be on there second year so all know each other and no one talks to me.

    ReplyDelete