2.25.2014

A wedding that I will never forgot

On Sunday, Dad'n and I got dressed in our best, we had a wedding to hit up.
 
 
For me, attending this wedding felt "awkward".
 
I had never met the bride, nor the groom. And no, we weren't wedding crashers, Dad'n worked with the groom.
 
I knew this wedding was going to be different to anything we had ever been to, there were over 500 guests!
 
That point did make the idea of not knowing the couple a little easier.
 
They were Macedonian and Italian. So everything was big, loud and amazing.  I feel so blessed to have been invited to witness something that could only be called a spectacular. It was seriously the most amazing, beautiful, exciting and fun wedding that I have attended.
 
 
 
Where do I start?
 
The ceremony was so interesting for me. I had never witnessed an Orthodox ceremony. There were so many different traditions that all symbolized the marriage. Each one so beautiful and the vibe so AMAZING even though I could not understand one word.
 
To move onto the Reception.
 
These guys know how to party.
 
The food... so plentiful. Five courses, for over 500 people. WOW. And it was some  of the best food I have ever tasted.
 
Drinks, flowing freely. Not one glass in that room was half empty. Ever!
 
Dancing. Holy moly. I LOVED the Macedonian dancing! They hardly sat down the whole night. They had an amazing Macedonian band that made every fibre in your body want to dance. If you wanted to or not. Most was traditional music, some was not. Every song was dedicated to a particular person which lead the dance around. Oh and not to mention the $100 notes that were being placed on the band! They must of been good? Or maybe another tradition? 
 
The one feeling that left me going WOW, was the family love in that gigantic Grand Ballroom. I have never seen or felt anything like it. It was displayed. It was felt. It was emotional. It was something I had never seen before. All of this celebrating was exactly that. Celebrating their marriage and love. Celebrating life. Celebrating their families.... In a huge party kind of way!
 
 This was definitely a wedding that I will never forget.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment