2.16.2014

Three O.



I have a birthday coming up. It's a milestone one. So they say...
 
Three O. 30.
 
I am not a very big birthday person.
 
Never one to have a fabulous party. Not one to shout it from the rooftops. It just usually slides by with some warm and fuzzies from the family and quiet celebrations. That's what makes me happy.
 
But this one feels different. This one, I'm actually quite excited for!
 
Our proper celebration for this birthday will actually be 5 weeks late.
 
We are heading off to Thailand to celebrate with family, as it is also my brothers 40th birthday in May. We decided to meet in the middle... April, and have a tropical birthday bash, my 30th, his 40th.
 
As you do yes?
 
I also got advised by a girlfriend last week to add a date in my diary, a date for a girls night out for birthday dinner and drinkies. Hello! I don't think I can remember the last time I did that. Sad but true.
 
So turning 30 definitely has some excitement surrounding it.
 
Things feel right, as if I am exactly where I should be. Life is good.
 
No crisis in sight here. Bring on 30 I say.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I think my 30s were seriously my most fave years so far. I was scared of turning 30 but I had no reason to. Now as for celebrating in style in Thailand - HELL YES, I SO like your style ;) xx

    ReplyDelete