2.05.2014

Muesli Bars


This was a recipe that my sister gave me a few months back.

It came home with me with good intentions then got filed in the overflowing "must try" folder.

With Kinder lunchboxes high on my priority at the moment, I decided to dig it back out and give them a go.

I'm not sure how long they will last in the pantry though, as I have taken quite the liking to them! Must.save.for.the.kids!

They are easy. I like easy.

It's the kind of recipe that you get to chuck in whatever you have in the pantry. Love those recipes.

Ingredients:

1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup of oats
1/2 cup of sesame seeds
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
1 cup of sultanas
1/3 cup of sugar
125g of butter
140g of honey
Other optional ingredients: chia seeds, dried apricots, pepita's, wheat germ, LSA ect....

Method:

  • In a fry pan, dry roast all your dry ingredients for about 7 minutes until they are nice and toasted (not the sultanas or dried fruit).

  • Let that cool down a little and enjoy the delish smell in your kitchen ;)  Time to add your sultanas / dry fruit.

  • In a saucepan, bring your butter, sugar and honey to the boil then bring it back to a simmer for 7 minutes while stirring. Don't take your eyes off it.

  • Pour your sticky butter into your dry ingredients and mix it well.

  • Pop the finished mix into a lined slice tray and refrigerate.

  • After a couple of hours your free to slice and dice it as you please. The kids liked theirs chopped into little mouthful squares.

  • (Note: This recipe is quiet sweet. Especially if you have the sultanas or dried fruit. So feel free to drop the sugar / honey amount, I will be next time.)



No comments:

Post a Comment