3.23.2013

Exactly one year ago...

We packed up our life and did the whole "sea change" thing.

One year... I can't believe it. Well I can, but one year is a long time!

In some ways it seems that this has been our life forever. Then I look at photo's of our old home it feels as we were just there. Weird.

Was it the right decision? Absolutely.

Moving was the best decision that we could have made for our family. It has opened up so many lifestyle opportunities for us and brought us all closer than ever. I think my favourite one would be seeing what a close relationship our children are building with their grandparents. The bonus of living two minutes away from them.

Our journey one year on is really just beginning though. Within the next 4 or so weeks, we will be starting to see our family home being built before our eyes. A very exciting time for us. We have planned and designed this home to be everything we want and need. We are SO excited to see the plan come to life. I cant wait to share it all with you.

This year hasnt all been rosy though. I did have many doubts and down moments with feeling like I didn't belong. I came to the conclusion that it was all just a part of our new beginning, a part of moving forward and leaving what you know behind.

I think a big part of it was not having a "home". Yes, we were able to find a beautiful rental that anyone would be happy to live in, but it wasn't ours... it wasn't home.

The path to finding our "home" has been a draining one for me. Offers being put in on houses, sales falling through, things I am not made for. I fall with my heart and my head often doesn't think. Lucky somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew that the universe would deliver what was meant to be, and that it did. Everything that fell through, fell through for a reason.

So bring on our second year, it will be a wonderful and exciting one awaiting the completion of our new nest. Hopefully it comes around quickly... or I might have to have serious words with the building supervisor. Lucky I am married to him, I might have some pull ;)

Leaving you with some happy snaps of our first year down the coast.









 




No comments:

Post a Comment