3.25.2013

A forced transition starting now.

As the title states, a forced transition is occurring in the Bower Birds Nest, effective immediately.

Upstairs, making my self a cup of tea, yes our kitchen is upstairs, and heard a huge thump.

The thump was followed by some serious tears. As I ran downstairs to investigate, my fears turned into reality. Ace had just climbed out of his cot and fallen onto the ground. He met me at the bedroom door hysterical. Okay, but hysterical.

I know, kids do it all the time. I've just heard some horror stories lately of little babes getting seriously hurt from this :( It's so high.  My inner Mummy panic was pushed to full throttle.

Operation remove cot sides today and transition into toddler bed starting now.

Raising Ace really has been so different and such a new experience. He makes he feel like a first time Mum over and over. What's the go? Boo would have quiet happily stayed in her cot until she was 5 and now this little feisty monkey at 20 months says game over, I'm out!

I keep saying it's a boy thing... actually, I'm saying it a lot! It just seems SO appropriate in our case... such a bruiser boy.

So anyway, I'm sure this transition will be completely different to what we experienced with Boo. If my vibe is anything to go by, there shall be some interesting posts coming up about our night and bed time antics with a certain little boy.

Has anyone got any fab tips that helped ease the transition? I think this Mumma will need all the help she can get.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment