1.30.2012

A big step for Boo.

Boo's toilet training adventure has been a reasonably easy one for all involved. When she turned 2, I knew the time would be approaching... the health nurse was saying that it really is up to the child and it can be anywhere from 2 to 3 years old and onwards. I promised both Boo and myself that I was not going to be stressed about it, we will just take it as it comes and see how we go. Not long after her birthday I thought I would give her a go at it and see where it took us. I planned three days for us to be home... we tried it and I came to the conclusion half way through day two that she was no where near ready so we put that nappy back on and left it at that.

After Christmas, Dad'n was still home on holidays so I thought it might be a good opportunity to give it another go and see if we were any closer to being ready. Well, didn't we get a surprise. Boo was definitely ready. I think we had one accident the whole time and by the end of the first week she was taking her self to the potty.

She has been very against the toilet though, and since she was so happy with the potty I was completely okay with that, figuring she will show interest in it when she is ready.

Today, my SIL brought over a toilet chair thingo with a step that goes over the toilet. I thought I would put it on there and maybe show and tell her about it one day soon... *puts it on the to do list*

This afternoon, I heard a yelling from the toilet... "mum mum mum", I walked into find Boo sitting on it doing her business! All afternoon she has been to the big girls toilet. "Like mumma". So proud of her. A big step for Boo!
Next toilet training step will be when we are out. Eeeek public toilets... even I hold on so I don't have to go in them!

2 comments:

  1. What a big girl!!!
    You know you can buy disposable toilet seat covers to carry in your purse? Might be of assistance for Boo. So much easier with boys, they can stand up and do their #1's.
    I hate public toilets too- dont want to touch anything including the paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow!! We've been trying to TT Cassie since she was 2 (in August) and have come to the conclusion she is NOT ready.. I am going to wait until after the wedding is over in March so I can sit down with her for a whole week or two or three and help her through it.. We are out mon/tues every week of feb - plus wedding dress fittings etc.. its not the time to start just yet.. as she already frets about taking her nappy off.. hopefully she'll mature a little when her cousins move back to Perth and she sees them going to the toilet...

    Good Luck with Boo!! Doing so well so far! Thats fabulous!

    ReplyDelete