3.17.2014

Finding the perfect travelling bag for kids...

Finding the one... Travel bag for little people that is ;)

I love to travel and holiday, that's no secret. Who doesn't?

But what I also love is every fab find that I can get my hands on in the lead up to said holiday.

It used to be beautiful travel bags and accessories for myself, but since children, the obsession has turned to them. As it does with everything it seems.

For quite some time, I have been on the hunt to find to perfect carry on bag for them. The one.

Our family holiday last year had us taking a "Trunki". I thought it was SO going to be the one. How wrong I was.


I thought it was the answers to all. It was going to be amazing. So many parents raved and swore by them. It was going to rock my travel accessory world right? Wrong. It didn't work for us. AT ALL!

Sure it was fun for the first 15 minutes arriving at the airport. It was cute. But for the rest of the time, children got over pulling it. We didn't have time to have them riding it. Dad'n got super over trying to carry it. Its bulky and awkward. Its hard to get into. Many un choice words flying around surrounding that little case. Try to picture arriving after an overnight flight with two children still trying to sleep getting through customs with this big pink thing that every family member wants to throw! Sorry, still some pent up anger issues regarding poor Trunki LOL. Can you tell?

So we are getting geared up for our trip in a few weeks and our new bags and accessories have arrived. So we are having a play.

We kind of  look like a walking advertisement for Skip Hop.

I have always loved their products, we have quite a few in our collection. They have always functional and very durable.





We also got the matching travel blankets that I have attached on the back with a hook for easy access. Who doesn't like matching! They stuff in and out of the attached pillow which seems to work really well.

So far, these bags seem to hold a fair bit, but not to much so they get to heavy for children to manage. Carry handle packs away neatly and  they have a parent strap to make them a bit easier to carry for those times when children get over it. Which mine seem to a lot!

I look forward to giving a review on the other side of the trip and letting you all know if these in fact, were the ones.

Anyone else have a travel accessory problem? There could always be worse things I say ;)

Feel free to share what works, or what doesn't work for you.

*** Please note: These are my own opinions the products mentioned above, no endorsement has or will be received ***

No comments:

Post a Comment